Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Blog post #5 Animation with Soundtrack

The fifth post is showing soundtrack relevant to animated films . The story of animation films would able to be recognized for kids. The primal example film come from Walt Disney. In 1928, Walt Disney created short cartoon Steamboat Willie. Mickey was depicted controlling steamboat with happy emotional in black and white film. As technology has been developing, Toy Story (1995) was animation feature film created by computer graphic. A little boy Andy likes to be in room and could play in room and play with his toys. When Andy was not in room, his toys comes to live. Here is a theme song of Toy Story




Back to my first thought of animated films, the purpose of creating is for kids. In the theme song of Toy Story, "You've got a friend in me," its' lyrics emphasizes "friend, and have connections to other friends. Friendship has strength but sometimes gets weak. Eventually it gets strong again. This is the message I got when I first saw the film at around seven years old. Since watching the movie, I have been told about connection to people and how to have the balance between conduction to my family and making my future plans. When Toy Story 3 (2010) was released, I changed my impression. Here is the last scene of the film.


After watching last scene, the film ended. The soundtrack is like an emotional harmony, which led me to notice that,  like I was grown by those films, my impression of the animated film was converted to animation characters who were resembled to our current society connections with people around me. As I've mentioned several times in previous posts, soundtrack puts meanings into movies. The audience may not notice it. But film directors want their audience to think about the  film's message. That meaning could especially  be seen in film series. For animation features films, one may think only kids can enjoy watching then. But once figuring out the message from those movies, adults and of course younger generation who had watched same film enjoyed watching again or could find another aspect of film.

Here are links if you are more interested in this post
Steamboat Wille
The Toy Story Series

No comments:

Post a Comment