Sunday, March 19, 2017

Blog Post #6 Horor Movie with Soundtrack

The sixth post is introducing horror films with soundtrack. Some movie fans like to watch horror films. Those give the audience a  huge scared or fearful impression. I prefer to watch them with someone to prevent too many frighting feelings. According to a psychological study, once people watched horror films, their feelings got from horror films might be misattributed to love relationship. If you're interested in this psychological study, I put the link below.

Psychological Study Horror film with love relationship

I did not have enough information about horror films. I also searched and found the link that lists of the best horror movies. One of the films on lists is Jaws (1975) director by Steven Spielberg. As I've mentioned the composer many times in my blog, John Williams composed the main theme of Jaws
The 100 best horror films


Another film on the list is Psycho (1960) directed by Alfredo Hitchcock. He was known for powerful, complex psychological thrillers. The film Psycho broke the standardization of horror films and created a new aspect of horror film. Here is the soundtrack of the film.


Not only those two films but any horror film needed powerful soundtrack as well as the other kinds of movies. Furthermore, horror films have more demands of using soundtrack for adding extreme feelings. This is just my thought that just listening to a horror film soundtrack is also to feel scared without watching the films. 

Here is another link I used 

No comments:

Post a Comment